Peppermint Fudge (recipe from girlichef)
- 17 oz. (3 c.) white chocolate chips
- ½stick (¼ c.) unsalted butter
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ tsp. pure peppermint extract
- tiny pinch sea salt
- 5 regular-size peppermint candy canes
- Line a square (8"-9") baking pan with foil. Grease the foil and the exposed sides of the pan well with cooking spray. Unwrap the candy canes and place them into a zippered baggie. Bash them with the bottom of a small pan until you have tiny pieces and a bit of peppermint dust (should equal ~½ cup).
- Place the white chocolate chips, butter, and sweetened condensed milk in a glass bowl and microwave for 1 minute; stir with a wooden spoon. Stick back into microwave and heat in 30 second intervals, until the butter and the chips have melted entirely. (This is going to take a bunch of rounds to really get it all melted. Just make sure you do the 30 second increments so the chocolate doesn't burn!)
- Add peppermint extract and salt and beat by hand for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until the mixture is smooth. Stir in about ⅔ of the crushed candy canes.
- Dump the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle the remaining crushed candy canes over the top and press lightly.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until firm. Cut into squares.
Are you still in the Christmas mind set?