Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes with Whipped Cream
-2/3 cup all purpose flour
-1/4 tsp baking powder
-1/4 tsp baking soda
-1/4 tsp salt
-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
-1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
-1/2 cup sugar
-1/4 cup brown sugar
-2 large eggs
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-3/4 cup half and half
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and half and half until well combined. Add in dry ingredients and whisk until no streaks of flour remain and batter is smooth.
- Fill each liner with about 1/3 cup batter.
- Bake for 20-30 min (depending on your oven), and then cool the cupcakes in the pan.
- Chill cupcakes before serving and top with whipped cream.
-2 cups whipping cream
-8-10 tsp powdered sugar
-4 tsp vanilla
-optional for adults: a dash of Kahlua
- Pour the whipping cream into a mixing bowl and whisk on medium-high power until medium peaks form.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Add to the cupcakes once cooled.