Caramel Stuffed Apple Cider Cookies
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 box Alpine Spiced Apple Cider Instant Drink Mix (10 packets)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 bag Kraft Caramels (14 oz)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- With your mixer cream together butter, sugar, salt and all 10 packets of drink mix, until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and mix well.
- Gradually add flour to butter/egg mixture. Mix until just combined and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Roll a ball of dough in your hand and flatten it. Press the unwrapped caramel into the center of your dough and seal the dough around it, covering it completely.
- Place on parchment 2 in apart. Bake 12-14 minutes, or until very lightly browned around the edges.
- Once the cookies are done, slide the parchment sheet onto a cooling rack. When cookies are cool enough to be firm, but still warm, gently twist them off the parchment and allow them to cool upside down. And enjoy!
Tip: Heat up the cookie right before eating! The heat melts the caramel a little and makes for a perfect, warm treat! Also, you could try chopping up the caramel instead of wrapping the dough around it to have the caramel more even dispersed within the cookie!